Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ways of a witch


Yes, I am a self proclaimed witch. I am a practitioner of Magick in the religion of Wicca.My Deities are the Triple Goddess of the moon and the Horned god of the sun. Recently, I made my very first wand YAY! There aren't many Wiccans where I live, so I am going at this kind of blindly. Reading about traditions and rituals and talking to a few people I know or have met whom are wiccan/pagan. I just went in to my front yard where we have a maple tree and found that we had a branch that was fallen. Knowing that I needed a want still, I broke off a piece, cleaned off the moss that was still hanging to it and brought it inside. I then seperated the bark from the core and removed most of the knots with a knife. After that I sanded the wand smooth. If you have any background knowledge of Magick you know that the wand for most, including my self usually signifies fire and the south. On my wand I also added green satin ribbon to signify earth and north. I then soaked the tip of the wand in water to signify water and the west. Finally I added a yellow jewel to the bottom to signify the east and air. I have yet to consecrate my wand being as I never have time alone. For now I just have to keep records of the rituals and consecrations of my tools I have finished, so I know what needs to still be done. Today is the full moon in January. Sadly I am unable to celebrate this sacred day with a ritual. i Will however ,keep the thoughts of the Triple goddess and the mother in my thoughts. Imbolc is swiftly approaching as well. I am hoping *crosses fingers* that I will be able to perform a ritual in observance. We will see.

Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment